Bullet journal with ease with no ghosting or bleeding in Archer and Olive's dot grid notebooks featuring crisp white, ultra thick 160gsm pages. These Dot Grid Notebooks feature a lovely design stamped in foil on a linen cover. Our 0.5 cm dot grid pages lay perfectly flat when opened, ideal for all bullet planners.
Bound by hand with superior craftsmanship, Archer & Olives dot grid journals will give you the confidence and flexibility to intentionally design your days and organise your to-do lists.
I have previously used the Archer & Olive notebook so I trusted the product but I struggle to find places to buy them as shipping from their website can cost £20. I was so happy to find Paper Dream and with such a wide range. The notebook arrived quickly too and was dispatched the day after I ordered it. As for the quality, the notebook is beautifully crafted and the paper is a white with faint grey dots and is totally ghost proof, so no ink seeps through to the other side. Though the product seems expensive, it’s worth every penny! I highly recommend it.
This was a bit of an impulse buy after tipsily watching a bullet journaling streamer on twitch. I’ve been using a Rhodia Goalbook for the past 3 years for my journaling and Rhodia notebooks in general are my go to. I didn’t know I was after something different, but a few beers into the stream and being drunkenly inspired by the streamer’s art, it seemed like a good idea to get one of these. Paper Dream was the only place with these in stock, but in the future I would still buy from them because they managed to get it to me before the new year started even though I was preparing to wait until the new year started from the order confirmation. Great hustle folks!
Let’s start with the good:
- The notebook is beautiful. Cloth bound with a hard cover. Not as thick as a Rhodia, but it feels like it’ll hold up in a backpack with repeated journeys. The gold motif is also very pretty.
- The paper is 160gsm and holds watercolour and heavier work with things like mild liners and brush pens with no bleed. A problem I had with other journals even at 90gsm paper.
- The bookmark is very quaint.
- At 192 pages, it’s a given that I will need two notebooks this year. Compared to using a Rhodia, I will be spending close to 4 times what I would, but what price your life story eh? Also, makes it a bit harder to cross reference things without carrying both notebooks on you if you travel a lot. But who’s doing that in 2021?
- The paper is more like card than paper. Hence, feedback from it is different to what you would get with a notebook.
- It is a pretty basic dot grid notebook as opposed to a journal. There is no calendar, or table of contents in the front. Not a problem for me as I’m happy to make my own. But if you’re coming from a system that has these, then it’s something to be aware of.
- No page numbering. This is the worst thing for me. I’ve grown used to numbering for using for cross referencing. I now need to number my own pages. Or figure out a way to cross reference with sticky tabs. Not the end of the world, but I’ve not gotten it into my workflow yet.
- I think the cloth covering will get dirty over time, unlike the Rhodia which has some sort of faux leather covering. Which is a shame. The colour is beautiful, but ho hum. It’s there to be used, not sat around looking pretty. Though it is pretty.
- No dot grid guide like the Leuchterm includes. This is a bit annoying. To be fair, the Rhodia does not have this either. I was using the one from the Leuchterm I had 4 years ago with my Rhodia for so long, it felt like it was always there. I miss it so much.
- The paper is a very cold white/blue. I didn’t think this would be a big deal, but I do like the warmer ivory colouring of the Rhodia.
I would definitely buy from Paper Dream again. Service and price was amazing. I like the notebook for the day to day, but if another version added a dot grid guide, non cloth bound covering and page numbering then this would be an instant buy annually or biannually for me. As things stand, I am considering the smaller black notebook for when I run out just for something different. I also purchased the acrylograph pens by A&O which I am enjoying a lot.
Can't rate this shopping experience highly enough. Dani was really helpful in a last minute Christmas present crisis and went above and beyond to help get my order to me ASAP despite being closed for the Christmas break.
The notebook is wonderful of course and my daughter is really enjoying both the notebook and the pens that I also ordered.
Faultless! Thank you 😊